UPU World Leaders Forum 2023
This year’s UPU World Leaders Forum will take on a different format. The Forum will be taking place during Day 1 & 2 of Parcel+Post Expo.
The theme for the 2023 UPU World Leaders Forum is 'Across borders and beyond limits: Blueprints for lasting innovation'.
This year’s UPU World Leaders Forum gives delegates the chance to hear from the following CEOs and industry-leading experts:
- Charles Brewer, CEO at Pos Malaysia
- H.E. Eng. Anef Abanomai, president of Saudi Post
- Isaac Gnamba-Yao, CEO at La Poste Côte d’Ivoire
- Assel Zhanassova, chairwoman of the board at Kazpost
- Hanna Arayaselassie, CEO at Ethiopian Post
- Abdulla M Alashram, group CEO at Emirates Post Group
- João Bento, CEO of CTT Portugal Post
- Sharif Farouk, chairman of Egypt Post
- Marsha Price, Postmaster General, Belize Postal Services
- Brody Buhler, CEO at Escher Group
- Anneli Aljas, CEO at Eurora
- Andreas Thöni, EVP group strategy, digital and innovation at Austria Post
- Dr Fadi Albuhairan, deputy CEO at Saudi Post (SPL) and acting CEO at Naqel
- Colin Campbell, SVP of sustainability at Posten Norge
- Nermin Hassan, head of the international cooperation sector at Egypt Post and chairperson of the Postal Union for the Mediterranean (PUMed)
- Elena Fernández-Rodríguez, deputy director for international affairs and sustainability at Correos and chairperson of the board of directors at PostEurop
- William Xiong, chief strategy officer and general manager of Europe and SEA regions, Cainiao Network (Alibaba)
UPU World Leaders Forum
Today’s customers demand high-tech, individually customized and integrated postal services.
National postal operators have the expansive network required to deliver a wide variety of services to people, wherever they are – a process that has afforded posts an extremely valuable asset: the trust of its customers. Via the UPU and its 192 member countries, they have access to knowledge, services and solutions to deliver across a single global postal network. While posts maintain their established role and mandate as universal service providers, they have readily embraced the need to look to the future and are rapidly expanding their prospects through innovation. Many have developed forward-looking strategies to take their services to the next level. Private sector players are also forging ahead to propose unique and agile solutions. Many of these companies can provide next-level technologies that could revolutionize the postal business and are searching for trusted partners to expand their footprint.
By working together, national postal operators and the private sector can create value for their customers and develop cutting-edge services that meet and anticipate their needs. Integration and interconnection between national postal operators and those across the wider postal sector have become essential to ensuring the success of the postal ecosystem.
During this special extended edition of the UPU World Leaders Forum, CEOs from national postal operators and the wider postal sector will come together to define and align their common business goals across four dimensions: logistics and cross-border e-commerce, diversification strategies, trust and security, and sustainability. Experts will gather to discuss how to emulate these successful models and advance interconnection between developing and developed national postal operators and private sector players, via the Universal Postal Union’s global ecosystem.
Day 1: Tuesday, October 24
- UPU Director General Masahiko Metoki
- Founder of Parcel+Post Expo, Tony Robinson